It is an innovative and cost-effective technology in which toxic materials to the fish and shellfish such as Nitrate, Nitrite, Ammonia can be converted to useful product, ie., proteinaceous feed. It is the technology used in aquaculture system with limited or zero water exchange under high stocking density, strong aeration and biota formed by biofloc.
The principle of this technique is the generation of nitrogen cycle by maintaining higher C: N ratio through stimulating heterotrophic microbial growth, which assimilates the nitrogenous waste that can be exploited by the cultured spices as a feed. The biofloc technology is not only effective in treating the waste but also grants nutrition to the aquatic animal.
Biofloc Technology (BFT) has been running successfully in counties like Indonesia, Thailand, China etc.
Benefits of Biofloc culture system:
- Eco-friendly organic culture system.
- It reduces environmental impact.
- Improves land and water use efficiency
- Limited or zero water exchange
- Higher productivity (It enhances survival rate, growth performance, feed conversion in the culture systems of fish).
- Higher bio-security.
- Reduces water pollution and the risk of introduction and spread of pathogens
- Cost-effective feed production.
- It reduces utilization of protein rich feed and cost of standard feed.
- It reduces the pressure on capture fisheries i.e., use of cheaper food fish and trash fish for fish feed formulation.
For details, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Call 9706542016